Atticus Review is happy to announce our second annual Flash Creative Nonfiction Contest, this year judged by Ira Sukrungruang.
CONTEST SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- You may submit one (1) piece of Flash CNF of up to 1000 words for consideration
- Contest submission fee is $12
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but if a piece is withdrawn you will forfeit the submission fee
- Include your name on the cover page, but please do not put your name or identifying information on the pages containing the piece itself
- Please no submissions from colleagues, former students, or close acquaintances of the Contest Judge
First Prize: $400
Second Prize: $100
Third Prize: $50
Deadline: July 21st, 2019 Midnight Pacific Time
Winner Announced: End of August, 2019; Winners and any runners-up will be published in the first or second week of September, 2019.
About the Judge: Ira Sukrungruang is the author of three nonfiction books Buddha’s Dog & other Meditations, Southside Buddhist and Talk Thai: The Adventures of Buddhist Boy, the short story collection The Melting Season, and the poetry collection In Thailand It Is Night. He is the recipient of the 2015 American Book Award, New York Foundation for the Arts Fellowship in Nonfiction Literature, an Arts and Letters Fellowship, and the Emerging Writer Fellowship. His work has appeared in many literary journals, including Post Road, The Sun, and Creative Nonfiction. He is one of the founding editors of Sweet: A Literary Confection (sweetlit.com), and is the Richard L. Thomas Professor of Creative Writing at Kenyon College. For more information about him, please visit: buddhistboy.com.